Friday, March 16, 2012

My Friend's Dream


Butterscotch 7

This is a line-by-line description of a dream of a friend of mine. She handed it to me and asked me to see what I could do as far as finding out what it might mean. I am not a schooled dream interpreter, but I do have exceptional analytical skills, so I said I would give it a shot and post it for all the world to see. Well, at least the few who read this column. So here's my thought on her thoughts. Feel free to add your own thoughts and/or interpretations as a comment below.

My washer and dryer were not working, so I was using a charcoal grill and the washing machine.
This reflects your creativity in times of need. Are you a Gemini? Even as absurd as the actual idea is, to you it seems perfectly rational. On the other hand, you are hypocritical in saying that you use the charcoal grill and the washing machine when you previously said both the washer and the dryer were inoperable.
Both of these items were in my front yard.
I'm getting the notion that you feel you've got a lot of clutter in your house. Organization, however, doesn't seem a prominent problem. You at least have the sense to put things in organized places. As you use the charcoal grill and the washing machine for the same sort of projects (the laundry), you put them both in the front yard. In a disorganized world, I would expect to see maybe the washer in the front yard and the grill on the back porch.
Then I noticed that the parkway was all dug up with 3 ft. weeds.
Do you have irritating problems that seem to come out of nowhere? The sort of things that you had no active part in developing.
Thinking to avoid a nasty-gram from the home-owner's association, I started pulling the weeds.
Although you are not at fault for the aforementioned (or other) problems, you feel obligated to correct them for fear of retaliation. You might even feel as though if you are not the one to correct the problem(s), then no one else will, and that will not sit well with you. You might feel that you have others in your life who seem to control your life more than you do!
The lady from next door came over and started hitting me in the head with a long cylindrical object.
Perhaps the president of the home-owner's association? Regardless of the selfless deeds you do for others, there always seems to be something or someone telling you that you are not appreciated. I would wonder if she is hitting you for pulling the weeds, or for doing your laundry in your front yard? She could be objecting to your use of charcoal to wash your clothes because it pollutes the air. You tend to find that people are doing irrational things to hurt you or your reputation, and are not willing to explain their actions.
I said knock it off, I have work to do.
You are dedicated to the good things you do. There will always be someone who thinks what you are doing is wrong, usually because they wish they were the ones doing it. They may feel guilty that they are not the nice ones, so their defense is to try to make you look bad for what you are doing. Often times, what you are doing is actually benefiting them in the end.
Then I was trying to figure out why the charcoal grill would not make the water drain out of the washing machine. Oh, of course, out of charcoal.
Sometimes the simplest problems have the simplest solutions. However, you tend to let the solution slip your mind because you over-think the problem. Then when you realize the solution, you feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner.
But, wait, there weren't even any ashes in the bottom. What happened to the charcoal I already burned?
After more thought, you stop feeling quite so stupid. Maybe there was a good reason that simple solution slipped your mind. Maybe there was another reason the solution didn't seem feasible at the time. Also, when you think you have a problem solved, it just presents more problems that are often more complex than the original problem.
Then the crazy lady from next door starts abusing me some more. Throwing things at me while I try to figure out how to do the laundry without the helpful aid of charcoal./dt>
Once again, your determination and stubbornness (the good kind). Others are relentless in their efforts to thwart your good intentions. They keep trying to get you to do things their way. You still are convinced that your way, although maybe not the only good way, is the way you prefer to do things.
Some kids from down the street bring me four boxes of candy.
There are a select few who see the good in you and are willing to help and even reward you for your kindness.
I offer a piece to the crazy lady in an effort to get her to leave me alone.
You look for opportunity around every corner. As futile as it may seem, you are good at heart, and are willing to offer forgiveness in the name of peaceful resolution.
She grabs a whole box.
Very simply, people take advantage of your kindness.
Which, naturally angers me more than the rest of the things she has already done.
Understandably, you don't like people taking advantage of your kindness.
I pick up some weird sculpture of hers to throw at her...
Your natural response to people who anger you is to find something of theirs that is considered odd or unorthodox in society, and use that against them.
...and SHE calls the cops on ME!
Here lies the moral of the dream...no matter how much of an angel you try to be...You Just Can't Win!!

Thanks for Visiting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Made me cry. Tell me, do you really have that much insight into me, or were you merely stabbing in the dark?

    I am indeed a Gemini. And an optimist. For as often as I feel that I Just Can't Win, I keep trying. Optimist, or Fool?

    ReplyDelete